Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 11: Final Evaluation

I have learned a lot about advertising and how it exists everywhere, even as I sit here in this classroom looking at the posters on the bulletin board. I read a lot of magazines from Web Design, Parenthood, People, and Cosmopolitan. They are flooded with ads. They have made an impact on the things I purchase and the things I do enjoy. It is a bigger industry than I thought. Being a web designer, I didn’t think advertising would play a big role in my field as much as it does for graphic designers, but it does. There is a lot of advertising done on-line through banners, on-line commercials, search results, etc. Although we did not discuss its’ placement on the web in class I was able to see it and recognize it (especially when searching through content developing our blogs). The big thing that I enjoyed learning about is copy. In many successful ad campaigns, the copy is what sells the product. In my final, I focused a lot on the copy and did a lot of brainstorming. There was a section in the book titled “How Many Words Are Too Many?” Sometimes copy as short and simple as three lines (”Just Do it”) works.
In the end of it all, I honestly enjoyed taking a dip in the advertising realm. It would be a nice idea to have a class on advertising done on the web. On the other hand, I missed a class and missed a few tweets (some weeks I only had 4-5 tweets). But, I was up to date on my relevant EOC’s for the weeks and completed them all but one (for the class that I had missed). Taking into consideration the work that I’ve done, my participation in class, my progress as a student in class I deserve a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment